Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

Yesterday I am working on a project and I got the following error when I run the application:

HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden

The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

Logon MethodAnonymous

Logon UserAnonymous

0x00000000

But the solution was really simple and was provided within the error page.
I am copying the steps which are shown on the page:

  • If you do not want to enable directory browsing, ensure that a default document is configured and that the file exists.
  • Enable directory browsing using IIS Manager.
    1. Open IIS Manager.
    2. In the Features view, double-click Directory Browsing.
    3. On the Directory Browsing page, in the Actions pane, click Enable.
  • Verify that the configuration/system.webServer/directoryBrowse@enabled attribute is set to true in the site or application configuration file.





I have followed the above steps and my issue gets resolved. Screen shots have been attached for easier solution. Hope it will help you also.




No comments:

Post a Comment