Friday, January 25, 2013

Book: Beginning CSS Web Development


Few days ago I came accross this nice book on CSS which I found very much useful and I have learned a lot from it. Although I am a software devleoper myself but I am not a designer but I always feel lack of good designing capabilities and abilities in me. Although I tried a lot to learn how to design a website but I was not able to do so. The main reason is that I have not found any useful resource which will help me right from the beginning to advance level. But this book helped me a lot and now feel I have better understanding of CSS then before.

I want to share the basic topics which are covered in this book. Table of contents section is shown below. Hope you will got a better idea of what the book covers and if you want to read this book then you can pick it up.

Table of Contents:

PART 1 ■ ■ ■ Get to Know CSS
■CHAPTER 1 Getting Started . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
■CHAPTER 2 Core Concepts of CSS . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
■CHAPTER 3 CSS Building Blocks . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 39
■CHAPTER 4 Text . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 55
■CHAPTER 5 Color, Backgrounds, and Images . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 79
■CHAPTER 6 Lists . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 103
■CHAPTER 7 Links . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 129
■CHAPTER 8 Tables and Definition Lists . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 145
■CHAPTER 9 Forms . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 167

PART 2 ■ ■ ■ Logical Layouts
■CHAPTER 10 Layout Basics . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 209
■CHAPTER 11 Classic Layouts . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 235
■CHAPTER 12 Layout Manipulation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 275
■CHAPTER 13 The Journey from Layout to Template . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 291
■CHAPTER 14 Usability and Accessibility Enhancements .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . 315
■CHAPTER 15 Tips, Tricks, and Troubles . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . 329
■CHAPTER 16 Case Study: The Dead Goods . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . 347
■APPENDIX CSS Reference . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 371
■INDEX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . 387


No comments:

Post a Comment