Friday, June 5, 2015

Filezilla: The data connection could not be established: ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out

I am trying to connect with one of my website from FileZilla and I am getting the following error:

"The data connection could not be established: ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out"

I have tried many solutions but no solution has been found.

How to Fix:

At last I was able to figure out this issue which was an issue with Ftp connection settings. In FileZilla menu bar click on File=>SiteManager. Below is the image which shows what option needs to be selected in Site Manager:

Select "Only use plain FTP(insecure)" option from Encryption drop down selection.




23 comments:

  1. I'll pile on my thanks as well! It's a good temporary solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome.. It solved my problem.. thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Useful Information. Thanks. No other solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Thank you so much it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bingo.. Saved my day buddy.. Thanks a lot..

    ReplyDelete