Sunday, September 2, 2012

Visual Studio 2005 Smart Phone Project

In this post I am going to create a Smart Device Application using Visual Studio 2005.

If you need an Overview of Visual Studio 2005 then you may found this post useful:
Visual Studio 2005 Window Application Project

Step 1 (Open Up Visual Studio 2005):
First of all open up Visual Studio 2005 from Programs menu. Select the Project option from New Sub Menu in File Menu.


Step 2 (Select Project Type):
In New Project Window select the Smart Phone 2003 option from Smart Device Category.
From the templates select the Device Application (1.0) option.
Set the Name of the Project if you want.
Set the Location where to save project files if you want to change default location.
Set the Solution Name if you want.
Click OK.


Step 3 (Smart Phone 2003 Application Project Loaded):
Now you can see in the below screen that the project gets loaded. I have set few things.
I have added a Label on the Form.
I have set its Text property to My Smart Phone.
I have highlighted the Solution Explorer which contains all the files that are contained in project.
At last I have clicked Debug option.

(Note: When you build the application you may get the error that .Net Framework 1.1 is required. You can select the Upgrade Project Option from Project menu.)


Step 4 (Select Deployment Device):
When I pressed Debug then a Dialog gets open which will ask me to select the device on which I want to deploy my project application. Since I don't have Windows CE device therefore I have select the third option of Pocket PC 2003 SE Square Simulator. There are many other options which you can also select.


Step 5 (Smart Phone Application Deployed on Pocket PC Emulator):
Here in below screen you can see that our application gets deployed to Pocket PC 2003 emulator.


Hope you found this post useful if you want to improve it then give me suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment